Learn how to fly your drone by taking our live online drone training course. Our courses are taught by licensed commercial pilots and flight instructors. Ensure you have the adequate and skills by taking our course.
This course is provided live online and includes a final exam.
Steps to becoming a commercial drone pilot:
- Complete Mandatory Training as prescribed by Transport Canada
- Complete an Application for a Special Flight Operations Certificate form [PDF, 1.2 MB] and gather the documentation specified in the application.
- Send the form and documents to the Civil Aviation regional office in the region where you intend to fly your UAV.
Your application must contain all information required in the instruction for reviewing and processing a Special Flight Operations Certificate application (UAV Staff Instruction), including:
- your contact information
- a description of how, when and where you plan to use your UAV
- a detailed plan that explains how you’ll deal with safety risks